Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Brevity

Someone read my post "The Perils of Prophecy 2" ahead and "sort of" liked it. They did ask me why it was so brief. Why did I not expand it out to essay length? That would make it clearer to people, and it might thereby be more effective.

Well, I laughed.
Number one: I am too lazy to write an essay;
Number two: Most people are too lazy to read an essay;
Number three: No matter how crystal clear an exposition I write, I will not change anyone's mind who already believes in the Rapture;
Number four: The absolutely best way to teach anybody anything is to give them just enough to whet their interest and let them "discover" the answers on their own. What if I do not provide enough guidance, and the answers they find are different from the ones I found?!
Oh, well. Welcome to the world of intelligent entities walking around and bumping into things. Of course their answers will be at least a "bit" different! That is to be expected. So if their answers are going to be a bit different anyway, why should I bust my hump trying to get them to agree 100% with me?! 

I really do not like how some writers feel they have to lead us to the water of their wonderful insights, as if we were thirsty, yet rather dumb, horses. Don't like it one bit.
--

No comments: