Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Prayer 1

People should write down their prayers, just as does the character Aibileen in the novel The Help. I think it would be well to archive them and go over them, reminding us of what was important in our lives, as well as sometimes admonishing us how greedy and avaricious for all kinds of things we were... and still are; there will be a family album of our prayers.


1) Prayer for Reconciliation


Richard Farnsworths as Alvin Straight driving his John Deere lawnmower across Iowa and Wisconsin to reconcile with his brother, played by Harry Dean Stanton.

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
--

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I appreciate these thoughts of yours about reconciliation (this and the next post).

I also like writing things down, like prayers, and major blessings, or making altars to them out of stones or sticks, stuff like that.

Montag said...

I have been doing a lot of praying and a lot of writing lately.

I am going to recommend something to you to take a look at, but not here in this forum. Give me a couple days.