Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chipmunk vs. Squirrel

I saw a chipmunk Sunday past just outside my door. Chipmunks do not live around here. I have never seen a chipmunk here. She-who-must-be-obeyed, who comes from Chipmunklandia on the Atlantic East Coast and who considers herself to be an expert on such matters of local rodentia, has also never laid eyes upon one here.

They are easily distinguished from squirrels: squirrels are bushy-tailed and hairy, sort of like hippies, whereas chipmunks all look like greasers with their hair pulled back in a sleek duck's ass haircut. I mean, the difference just jumps right out at you.

Perhaps it is another type of rodent.; We made the acquaintance of some toothsome types last year on our way to Mackinac with my sister of happy circumstance (i.e., sister-in-law... can be happy circumstance, or just circumstance, as the case may be). We stopped at a rest area on I-75 where the picnic tables were sort of in the Mystery Spot type of incline, and we had to hoof it up a 25 degree slope to be able to lunch seated at a table resting at a 12 degree incline to sea level, but we did have a good time with the local rodents.
--

No comments: