Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kony 2012



The enthusiasm over the documentary about Kony reminds me of The Children's Crusade of 1212. I think we are highly fortunate and unfortunate that we are getting to see so many historical parallels in our lives. I mean, I thought that the re-make of The Great Depression was as good as it gets, but, no: we have Russia Chokes In Afghanistan being re-made with us in the starring role, and yet another cover of Likud Calls The Shots in Iran with us again reprising our role of Lenny from Of Mice And Men

--
ps.
I see Andrew Keen at CNN agrees with me on the Crusade part. He goes further into his agenda, and I not at all sure what his agenda is.
 http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/14/opinion/keen-kony-2012/index.html

But he seems down on the crusade and down on internet kids and down on the trivialization of reality...
And the comments on his piece argue right back at him, saying he's a dumb Brit and Brits are a pain anyway...
I wonder where this all is leading?
At this point, I lack any further info, and feel in the middle of a Walrus and Carpenter type of argument, and there is no firm plan for the future. It is wonderfully odd and unusual, and I think it is wizard!
--

No comments: