Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What If The Supreme Court Knocks Over Affordable Care?

If I were president, I'd say "Justice Roberts has made his decision; now let him enforce it!"

Then I would ignore the black-robed busy-bodies until the election, making speech after speech how we shall lose the last chance at affordable health care... probably forever, if Republicans are elected to the presidency and to both houses of Congress.

Add to that the fact that the Republicans would destroy existing Medicare...
--

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think the Court is going to overturn the law. It is not a violation of the Constitution, and it is, as badly as it needs repair, a vital piece of social legislation. If the Court does overturn, it will solidify forever its placement the same class as the Dred Scott and Plessy v Ferguson courts. I cannot get out of my mind, however, as sanguine as I'm trying to be, that this Court has the same majority that helped George Bush steal the election in 2000, with all the doleful consequences that entailed.

Montag said...

It'll mess things up enough that the insurance industry won't know what to do, and mess up health care for a few more years.