Search This Blog

Saturday, April 07, 2012

The Proper Etiquette Of Insanity

National Review and Mr. Derbyshire: Beware of Otis Day and the Nights!!

 
In the National Review, John Derbyshire has written a blatant bit of racism that appeared on the Internet. If you want details, please Google them up.

What interests me is that many of us have known for a long time that there are outright madmen in the ranks of the Tighty Righties, and it was just a matter of time before the Right Wing (not Conservative... Conservatives are a rare and endangered species.) began vomiting up the mess of the Animal House-Tea Party drunken brawl they have been engaging in.

What is the proper etiquette for the insane? Next to whom do we seat them? How do we steer the conversation so that not too much of the world sees their "special" beliefs and needs?
It does not matter: insanity is the red-checkered coat at the black tie affair.
--

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to steal that final line and make a poem out of it. You're an inspiration.

Montag said...

It's OK. I remembered I first met you when I asked to steal something of yours... gentlemen burglars all.

Montag said...

PC is becoming a thing of the past as the monsters take off their masks.

E.P. Rush said...

Derbyshire reminds me of at least one of my much older relatives when I was just growing up. His unsolicited advice was to keep away from the distant SP tracks, because "the nigras" would get me. I minded that advice for decades until I realized the total insanity of it all. I believe "the proper etiquette of insanity" involves wearing a tie. There's probably more to it than that, but I know that's a start.

Montag said...

Yes, I seem to remember those old warnings about the wrong part of town.

Your relative did not allow for the influence of things like music, however.

I remember being steered away from certain kinds of music, now that I am thinking about it.