Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2012

Augustus Caesar

Augustus as Pontifex Maximus



I think I wrote about this before, but I'll repeat it.
I am thankful to the Republican members of Congress for such perspicacious insight into the dynamics of the times of Julius and Augustus Caesar.

For, indeed, I never had any first hand experience of ancient institutions falling by the wayside, and the freedoms and rights of the Roman ruling class being usurped by dictators.

But here is is right in front of us all:  The House has abdicated its role in governing the nation.

The Extreme Right Republicans have discovered they have ideology and a grudge and an attitude, but nothing more. In particular, they have no plan other than to disagree.

MARK my words:  the people will not sit by idly while these congressmen and women fiddle while the country burns.
Someone will push the House of Representatives aside, and most of the population will breath a sigh of relief and get back to their lives.

The Founding Fathers weren't always right.
--

No comments: