Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas

Christmas in Fukushima 2011


Merry Christmas... just in case no one else has said it to you so far today.

I have been up whipping up yeast waffle batter since 6:00 AM. That is no biggie... it was the staying up until Midnight on Christmas Eve that was sorely out of character.
When I stay up late, I feel as if I had smoked 2 packs of cigarettes (non-smoker) and drunk a couple of pints of vodka (tee-totaler). I guess virtue must be it own reward.

This year - and next, actually - we try to celebrate the 12 days of Christmas, incorporating thereby Orthodox and Coptic Christmases with our friends in Russia, Ukraine, Byelorussia, Greece and the Balkans, Egypt and all over the globe.
Smile and wassail all the way to the Epiphany!

--

2 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Merry Christmas, Felice Navidad, and have a good one. Nice photo. Come visit me at Cowbird.

Montag said...

!?

Cowbird is not one of your blogs, so I'll have to figure this out.