Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Enough About Guns

No more gun posts.

I recalled the 2011 shootings in Norway, and there is pretty strict gun control there: 80 dead and sacrificed at a youth camp.

I think the answer is in learning virtue, and no laws can be passed to teach that, nor can any laws be repealed to let it flourish. It is in our hearts.

This is a matter I meditated on. There was a very quick intuition that this was a matter of the general violent attitudes that are so prevalent, combined with a meaningless parade of religions, mixed into a general lack of virtue and honor.
I may speak of virtue, but it is a waste of my time to speak of guns, and I recognize and accept it.

There are other, bigger fish to fry than guns. We have a lot to do in the short term.
--

No comments: