Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2013

Lost and Found at the Corner of Belief and Unbelief Streets


Sim Street Corner


If I were to "find" religion, you would find me chattering on about "beliefs" and other throw-away notions. Perhaps I would go from door to door trying to give people a peek at the "good words" hidden within those holy scriptures we all hold so dear.
I know I would have an entire phantasmagoria of rules and do's and don'ts.

I found God instead.
He was very pithy and brief. He smiled, said something like "We had been waiting for you", pumped my hand happily, and walked off down the street... a street that for some unknown reason I think of as being near an old-time baseball park, maybe in Brooklyn near the Polo Grounds.

I was glad I did not receive some new "revelation" that I felt it necessary to preach. That would cut into my Halo 3 time.




--

No comments: