Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Post 2



This year, this 2013, I have lost a brace of kinsmen.

No weddings and four funerals have occupied us since January 27.

And now this morning...  I ran 3 miles in 32 minutes. Not only did I run the 3 miles, but I did it without my ankles being wrapped by Ace bandages. Two years ago, July 2011, I hurt an anterior knee tendon, necessitating 6 weeks without running. I stuck with the re-hab and knee braces.

Now I seem to be past those knee tendon problems, having changed my stride to prevent the pull I was experiencing. Then the pain went into the ankle tendons about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and today I was able to go without the bandages. I felt like Forrest Gump outrunning his braces, by golly!

I am so happy to be alive.
At any time in the past 17 years I could have died by nature, by stress, by terror, or by my own hand.

I did not. I endured as a witness to the Universal And Overwhelming Blues, and the Absolute Beauty Of Keeping On Keeping On.
When I came into this time of death of 2013, I think I was ready.
I hope that I shall be ready when the Sundered of Delights and the Destroyer of Good Company comes.

It should be party time, I hope.
Life eternal should be a party.

--

No comments: