Search This Blog

Friday, May 17, 2013

Empires Never Have To Say They're Sorry

A few hours after my post on the Mind of Empire this morning, I came across this in Democracy Now! :

In a Senate hearing today, Pentagon officials claimed President Obama and future presidents have the power to send troops anywhere in the world to fight groups linked to al-Qaeda, based in part on the Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF), passed by Congress days after the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.
At first I thought of a bizarro world or alternate DC universe galaxy where another form of FDR spoke of bizarro world Four Freedoms:
 ...and freedom of Force... anywhere in the world. 
I am using my FDR imitation for this, and it is very effectively bizarro.

Gosh, I guess we should never have backed Al Qaeda - sending arms and money and what not....... just like some people like John McCain and his crowd want to do right now with the so-called "rebels" in Syria - when they were good old freedom fighters against the USSR in Afghanistan.

Being and Empire means never having to say you're sorry.

--

No comments: