Search This Blog

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Why I Write Poetry

I just finished my 6th year of writing a poem each week in my poetry blog ( http://peace-weaving.blogspot.com/ ).
Sometimes I wonder why I do it, since not very many people read poetry. I am glad that there are many who like it, but sometimes we always want more people to share our high opinions of ourselves.

Alas!

However, I do write poetry for myself. I write in this blog, also, for myself. I write to clarify my consciousness. There are a great many things we are aware of as intelligent beings, and many are very complex. I cannot deal with the complexity unless I try to set it out in writing: the bends and folds and complexes of love and hate, war and peace, hunger and satiety...

Give it word, give it image, icon, symbol, song!

--

No comments: