Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2013

Syria And The Future

I have to meditate on our involvement in Syria. I have found it most disturbing.

More wealth and money is spent on establishing ongoing spots of discord, and the goals are nebulous. I do not think that the objectives of our leadership would stand up under the light of day. Ask them, President Obama and Senator McCain: "What are your goals?"

Human rights?
By what imperative do we go around forcing our view of rights down peoples' throats? Did George Washington counsel us to do so?
No, I fear our purported interest in other peoples' freedoms is nothing more than a desire to subject them to our views of freedom, and to control them with our system of "Freedom under Surveillance".

But these are all political statements.

Now I seek the spiritual. The answer is there, staring us in the face, but we can't recognize it yet.

I have to meditate on it now, because I have a very distinct unsettling feeling that we are entering a the End-Game of the Chess Game with Death we have been playing for a century or more.

--

No comments: