Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2013

Breaking Bad Finale: Der müde Tod


Breaking Bad


The screen capture is the bleak pick up spot in Breaking Bad, where the people whom Saul Goodman helped to disappear into new lives awaited the arrival of the van which would take them off to obscurity.
I use it here because when I saw it, it reminded me of a scene in Fritz Lang's film Der müde Tod, where Death sits in front of a bleak wall.
(The title of the film translates as Weary Death. It also appeared in America as Destiny.)

I just finished watching the finale of Breaking Bad.

I enjoyed it very much.

It also shows how you can take murder and make it wonderful.
For that reason, it is something we should keep in mind. We should always remember how attractive killing can be.

Murder and Vengeance makes us dance and smile. In truth, it can be one of the Fine Arts.


Der müde Tod
--

No comments: