Search This Blog

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fatuous Nonsense From Palin




CNN
Jake Tapper
Sarah Palin said she is trying to follow Pope Francis, but is wary of what she called the media's interpretation of his message.

"He's had some statements that to me sound kind of liberal, has taken me aback, has kind of surprised me," Palin said in an interview with CNN's "The Lead with Jake Tapper." But "unless I really dig deep into what his messaging is, and do my own homework, I’m not going to just trust what I hear in the media."

[...]

Palin is a person of faith and describes herself as “born again." She attends a non-denominational church in Alaska.
"When I was a young girl, I remember looking around the beauty of Alaska ... and knowing even as a kid, wow, there is something greater than self," said Palin.

"I put my life in God's hands at that moment," said Palin, who added she was 12 at the time. "I remember calling out to God and saying, 'I believe you.'"
I am not clear whether Ms. Palin means by "trying to follow Pope Francis".
Since she is obviously not a Roman Catholic, I think she is using slang for "I am trying to understand what Pope Francis is saying".

She then says she cannot understand what Pope Francis says unless she "really dig[s] deep into what his messaging is, and do my own homework."

Well, isn't that saying that you do not understand that which you have not made the effort to understand?

I guess that's what I find so odd about Ms. Palin, the fact that she seems to talk in tautologies.
What is even odder is that those statements which are pretty much lacking in informational content are then accepted by some as meaningful.
It is a puzzler.

She is, however, fortunate in being able to view intense natural beauty and come up inspired with a homily from the AA Big Book about higher power.

I guess some of us are just natural born saints.

--

No comments: