Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Preparing For The Holidays 1




We all need a survival manual for the Holidays. It is the absolute ticket that one needs to survive running the gauntlet of the lunar month of Madness from November 28 through December 31. (When I say "lunar month", I am referring to the Martian moon Phobos!)

So I am working on it, and hope to have it up here soon... couple of days.... after I get back fromToronto... we're going to the Copacabana in Toronto tonight (It's only a four hour drive!) in order to pig out on what is described to me as vast hocks of beef roasted on brobdingnagian skewers, and brought to the table by a combination of Nibelungs and Nubians.

I had best take two of my vast linen bibs to ensure my Nero-Wolfian shirt fronts remain unsullied by grease. I anticipate being Petronius Arbiter and Nero and Trimalchio, eating at a vast groaning board made of terebinth wood, drinking from crystal goblets,  and I shall address my merry companions:
"Drink up, lads and lassies! This wine is of superior vintage!
I did not serve such wine yesterday, and my table mates were
much better men and women than ye!"
This should be followed by laughter, and more meat.

Getting back to basics, the first chapter of the Holiday survival manual should deal with  
How To Survive Holiday Discussions Of ObamaCare.
I think it will come in handy.

--

1 comment:

knutty knitter said...

Don't forget the orchid :)

viv