Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Springtime For Morsi and Ikhwan

Now I have gone and done it. I added music to the Arabic phrase "tamarrud", the word for "revolt" which had been part of the July 3 revolt in Egypt this year:


It drives me crazy, because a lot of people have lost their lives and been injured in the Egyptian revolutions, and here I am making a Broadway show out of it. All that's lacking is Mel Brooks, Zero Mostel, and Gene Wilder, and it will be some atrocious Springtime For Morsi (and Ikhwan!)

It goes:

The sun'll come up, tamarrud,
bet your bottom dollar that tamarrud, there'll be sun!

and so on.
(Pronounce "tamarrud" with 3 syllables, emphasis on the second syllable, just like "tomorrow".)

Apologies all around. It started this morning when I was speaking Arabic to a Syrian lady at Beaumont Hospital in Troy, MI, as I was waiting for my wife to finish a test.When you begin to think in another language, all kinds of things happen.

You know, my wife does not like leaving me on my own out in public...
As we left Beaumont Troy, I said good-bye to the ladies at the desk, and they smiled and one giggled.

When we got back to the car, she turned to me, and said, "And what was that all about, Montag?!"

--

No comments: