Search This Blog

Sunday, January 04, 2015

Failing My Turing Test

 Bletchley Park



The NY Times Crossword did not go well today. She-who-must-be-obeyed and myself, poor-pantomime-of-Alan-Quatermain, took at least one hour each on our own, then another hour helping each other; at least we did not go to the internet to find answers.

One of the answers was "Bildungsroman". I kid you not.
Now I know we just had a post recently about Die Leiden des jungen Werthers, but really, this is too much.

So we shan't be joining Alan Turing at Bletchley Park to decode things  any time soon.

More likely we shall be banished to Belchley Park.





--
ps

after we had seen The Imitation Game, I recited my parapoesis of Dorothy Parker for She-who-etc.

I'd rather flunk my Turing test
than read a poem by Edgar Guest.

No comments: