Search This Blog

Sunday, January 04, 2015

Hand Gun Accidents

Ga. Police Chief: I Accidentally Shot My Wife While She Slept in Bed
Taylor Berman  Friday 4:26pm
http://gawker.com/ga-police-chief-i-accidentally-shot-my-wife-while-she-1677143702
William McCollom, the Peachtree City police chief who shot his wife early Thursday morning, said in a 911 call that the shooting occurred as he moved the gun from his bed while his wife slept. "…the gun was in the bed," he said. "I went to move it to put it to the side and it went off." ...

If you have even a rudimentary familiarity with hand guns, you know they do not just go off without being left in a state of readiness to go off.

The accident happened when the chief left "one in the chamber" to be ready to get off a quick shot at any intruder.

However, it may all be as a commenter observed:
Featheryfiend  -> CatdogWhisperer
Friday 4:52pm 
I doubt the gun was in the bed. I think it's part of a lame ass excuse.

--

No comments: