Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Misters Turner, Gallagher, and Shean



There is a film Mr. Turner about the painter Turner, and I hope I may still get to see it in the theater. She-who-must-be-obeyed saw it with one of her friends on the distaff side, and I was nowhere to be seen.

However, I did manage to compose a ditty about the great English painters, Turner, Constable, and Gainborough,  all based on the vaudeville duo of Gallagher and Shean.


So the first two verse goes - and it is sung as if I were a Yiddish stage presence, sort of like Yakum Yakum. (He did vaudeville, then ended up in Detroit doing Burlyque.)


Oh, Mr. Turner! Oh, Mr. Turner!
your paintings, they hit me like a bomb!
like being struck with a mallet
when you schmear it with your pallete ...

Positively, Mr. Constable?
Absolutely, Mr.T!

--

No comments: