Search This Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Demon Rum


I {heart!} Tumul!


Tumul is a SIberian village that gave up alcohol.
It made me think of the film Cold Turkey where Eagle Rock, Iowa tries to give up smoking for 30 days, but Tumul had bigger things in mind than a satire on the Tobacco industry and its victims.

What happened when a Siberian village gave up alcohol?
By Olga Gertcyk
28 September 2015
http://siberiantimes.com/healthandlifestyle/others/features/f0162-what-happened-when-a-siberian-village-gave-up-alcohol/
In 2012, the residents of Tumul all stopped drinking vodka and other intoxicating drinks as the village went dry...


Interesting reading.

I noticed that the finish line at the foot race says "FINISH" written in Cyrillic characters. I was surprised. I never got that close to a finish line.



--

No comments: