Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Moscow Storm





Ho-hum.
Moscow had a snow storm.

If I remember correctly, there have been some interviews and stories about people wondering and wailing about a lack of snow so far this winter in Moscow. Well, here you go! Imagine complaining about a lack of snow!

I remember so very well the winter of 2013-2014 when we experienced what was deferentially referred to as the Polar Vortex. I went downstairs to check on things, and the air was blowing in by the front door filled with ice particles that skimmered in my flashlight...

I literally... literally felt like McReady in John Carpenter's The Thing walking through an Antarctic scientific station with every window broken. I pulled out wide insulating tape and sealed the door. It remained sealed in this arbitrary and goofy manner for almost 2 months... and intercourse was conducted.... or, rather, we exited and entered the old homestead through the back door... in the garage.

Sorry about that...




--

No comments: